By Kristen Borguezan
In our industry, tastes span a wide spectrum of design and vision. From the clean lines of an ultra-mod, minimalist look to the comforting textures and neutrals of the next generation of farmhouse fab, the trends are beautifully varied. One emerging style must be mentioned echoes the 1920s aesthetic — jewel tones so bold and rich that they call for exotic, veined countertops to complement a peacock-like glamour; we can’t get enough!
From soft to bold, we’ve seen it all and enjoy the diversity immensely. Here are some of our favorite looks and ideas:
- Double the thickness of your island’s edge for an attention-getting, elegant centerpiece.
- “Waterfall” the stone off the end of an island or bath vanity to the floor for a wow factor. Consider an exotic, veined slab as the wall accent.
- Enjoy the look and feel of multiple stone colors and textures — a farmhouse sink surround is a bold, fun look.
- To suit today’s fur-friendly homeowner, we adore this marble inlaid pet feeder that boasts bowls and a pot filler — chic and practical.
- A custom chiseled and doubled edge adds bold, rustic appeal.
- Stunning fireplace surrounds provide year-round warmth.
- Incorporating stone throughout a living area adds hints of luxury. Pro tip: Most stone yards have remnant pieces perfect for windowsills, benches and accent table tops.
- Powder room vanities are inviting and elegant. Marble is lovely in such a space.
- Black and white is an emerging trend, yet it is reminiscent of days gone by. Whites, grays and dark stones are all still in demand.
- Outdoor stone design is showcased with pool surrounds, a tiki bar and, of course, an outdoor kitchen. Pro tip: Choose a resilient stone like granite for outdoors.
Kristen Borguezan is managing partner and co-owner of Borguezan Custom Granite. Reach her at (228) 209-4704.