Warm weather is finally here, and it’s time to revamp your footwear collection. I don’t know about you, but I love shoe shopping. Even Marilyn Monroe said, “Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.”
Go ahead and swap out those old sandals for something new and on-trend. Here are my top five shoe picks to complete your favorite spring looks.
1. You can’t go wrong with a wedge/flatform this spring, especially if you want to trade your four-inch heels for something more comfortable. The style range is incredible. From single, clear straps to braided rhinestones, you can play around with many amazing options.
I’m in love with the Danya double-strap design by Steve Madden ($89.95, stevemadden.com). The rhinestones add a hint of sass, and they’re not so high that you can’t wear them at any spring event on your calendar.
The Free People Harper flatform sandals ($128, freepeople.com) are also perfect for spring, and I love the strap around the leg for extra flair.
2. Elevate your outfit with a pair of colorful mules! One thing that’s great about a mule is that it’s easy to slide on and off. They typically have a smaller heel for someone who doesn’t necessarily like wearing heels from day to day but still wants a sophisticated option.
A prime example is the Antonio Melani x Jennifer Sumko Neuchatel woven raffia buckle mule ($110, dillards.com). I love the pop of color they provide, and you can wear them with jeans or a dress — so versatile!
3. Surprisingly, ballet flats are coming back in style. Many designers and stars have added them to their collections to give them a feminine touch. I appreciate how the ballet flat has changed. It’s no longer simple or confined to basic colors. We now have accents and fun design details like chrome, straps, buckles, etc.
For instance, take the bows on the Vicenza Mary Jane flats from Anthropologie ($160, anthropologie.com). They’re very stylish and easy to wear with your spring wardrobe.
4. Stilettos/strappy heels are here to stay, and they’re a lovely option to wear with anything this spring.
So many cute styles are coming out, including the Andrequa leather ankle wrap dress sandals by Vince Camuto ($119, dillards.com). This soft, square-toe heel is perfection. Not only does it have two puffy straps that will keep your foot comfy, but ankle laces provide additional support.
5. I love to rock sneakers with dresses this time of year. A white or neutral sneaker is imperative, as it gives any outfit an effortless finish.
The Gola Gola Grandslam Trident sneakers ($105, freepeople.com) and Veja Veja V-10 sneakers ($195, freepeople.com) will have you looking absolutely fab while running errands, or anything else you have planned. They are super comfortable and come in many great colorways.