If you’re buying for a guy this Valentine’s Day, you know that finding just the right gift can be mission impossible. Peter Grant, buyer and owner of Grant’s Menswear in Biloxi, is here to make shopping for him simple with these stylish suggestions:
PETER GRANT’S TIPS FOR PICKING THE PERFECT GUY GIFT
- Trust your first instinct on what to purchase; it’s usually the best choice.
- Purchase high-quality, timeless pieces that will last many years. Solid black, charcoal and gray are staples of my wardrobe that I can match with anything.
- Pay attention to his style and color preferences. There may be a specific color or colors that he simply doesn’t like.
- Know his exact size in various categories. Casual shirts run S-XXL. Dress shirts require neck and sleeve measurements like 16-4/5. Also be sure to know his waist and inseam, 34/32 for instance.
- When it comes to putting shirts, suits and ties together, keep it simple and understated. I always use a contrast of color and texture, but avoid combining stripes, prints and plaids.
- Shop at a reputable store that makes exchanges seamless and painless.