What a fun season we’re entering! It’s time for holiday parties, family gatherings, fundraisers and many other reasons to get all dressed up.
Although this time of year can get busy, I see it as an opportunity to enjoy my favorite people in my favorite places doing my favorite things — which includes having fun with fashion. For your holiday wardrobe, I recommend separates in luxe fabrics, shimmer and shine and extra details that make you feel fantastic.
- Let your top say it all with a crinkle fabric.
Pictured on Carla: Joie top, Marshall’s, $19.99.
Similar option: plissé open back top, $34.70, nelly.com
- Go for a luxe look with velvet.
Mystree black velvet pants, Lee Tracy Boutique, Ocean Springs, $68
- What better time than the holidays to break out your fancy footwear?
Suede horse bit heeled sandal, www.whbm.com, $69.99
- Puffy earrings are a very popular staple this season.
Gold-tone puffy hoop earrings, www.chicos.com, $35.50
- When you head out for all the festivities, you’ll need an evening bag to carry your lipstick, a mirror, and your phone.
Four Seasons Handbags Small Diagonal striped evening clutch, Shoe Station, $19.99