Christmastime is here, and we all know what that means: parties galore! One of my favorite things about the holidays is seeing people dressed up and reveling in the most joyous spirit. This season has a way of elevating everyone’s mood.
Getting you prepared for all your holiday gatherings is my specialty! We all love a little sparkle, so here are some clothing pieces that are sure to make you shine:
• Of course, you can’t celebrate the holidays without adding some shimmer and shine to your look. I’m loving the use of sparkle to bring glam to otherwise basic items. For instance, I’m a big fan of sheer sparkle tops. You can wear this top by Nasty Gal as is, with a top or bralette underneath or even underneath a dress. It’s simple, but perfect for an elevated casual party look.
Nasty Gal Sheer Glitter Long Sleeve Funnel Neck Top, $16.80, nastygal.com
• If you don’t love sparkle but still want to stand out, go for a shiny metallic. This Anthropologie off-the-shoulder look is amazing for any holiday outing. This dress is perfect for dressing up and down, with the perfect amount of high shine included.
Anthropologie Guapa One- Shoulder Mini Dress, $260, anthropologie.com
• If you’re willing to be a bit adventurous, why not try sparkles and patterns together? It’s so creative and fun! This pink check sequin bodycon mini by River Island is spectacular! I need this pink-and-red-combo in my closet ASAP, and so do you.
River Island Pink Check Sequin Bodycon Mini Dress, $141, riverisland.com
• How about a skirt option? One of my favorite skirt looks right now is another River Island gem. I love that it’s not in the typical holiday colors of red or green, so it’s a little different and unexpected. This piece is so flirty while still keeping it classic.
River Island Purple Sequin Feather Trim Pencil Midi Skirt, $91, riverisland.com
• You can’t have the perfect holiday outfit without the right shoe. When it comes to footwear, Betsey Johnson and Antonio Melani catch my eye every time. They are always attention grabbing and on top of the trends. From sparkle to huge bows, both brands are the best at making your outfit pop.
Antonio Melani x Nicola Bathie Lila Bow Detail Platform Dress Sandals, $129.99, dillards.com
Betsey Johnson SB-Aron Silver Loafer, $139, betseyjohnson.com