Need a new recipe that’s perfect for the summertime and packed with flavor? Fire up the grill and try this tasty pork chop recipe from Joy Monnerjahn, The Bayou Belle:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
6 thick-cut pork chops
• ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
• 1/3 cup lime juice
• ¼ cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 6 teaspoons grated ginger
• Slap Ya Mama original blend seasoning, to season each side of the pork chop
½ cup low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup lime juice
¼ cup sugar
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
6 teaspoons grated ginger
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Mix your marinade and soak your pork chops overnight, flipping halfway through. If you can’t soak them overnight, at least give them about three hours to soak.
- Heat coals (you may use gas, or a pellet grill); goal heat is about 350-400 degrees).
- Sprinkle each side with Slap Ya Mama seasoning (or your favorite Cajun blend).
- Place each chop, spread out, onto a hot grill.
- When you see the bottom closest to the hot grill becoming cooked, flip them over so the other side can cook.
- Check the internal temperature with a thermometer before removing; goal internal temperature is 145 degrees. Remove the meat and let it rest while you make the sauce.
- In a nonstick pan on high heat, bring sauce ingredients to a boil. Boil for about five minutes. It will thicken in the pan even after cooking.
- Slice, pour sauce on top, serve and enjoy!
View this post on Instagram
Joy Monnerjahn is the owner of The Bayou Belle, where you will find many Louisiana recipes. She grew up in Southern Louisiana and enjoys bringing the flavors of her home to her dishes. Learn more at https://www.purejoyliving.net, and reach her at email@example.com.