Have you noticed new colors popping up this season that are traditionally associated with fall? I’m seeing olive green, burnt orange, black and rustic gold everywhere. I suspect the nature trend inspired this shift, and these hues work this time of year because you can wear them with summer colors like white.
Another plus: Won’t it be easy to transition to fall with these pieces already in our closets? Here’s how to make the most of cooler, darker shades this summer:
• Wear a modern silhouette like a maxi dress with an ikat print in the newest shades of the season.
• Let your footwear carry the earth-tones trend as well.
• I love a belt on a dress; it enhances the waistline.
• Let your glam side shine this summer with shimmery accessories.
• Pearl and gold stretch bracelets were my pick for this colorful dress. Wear them around your ankle as anklets.
Three pack gold and stretch bracelets, www.chicos.com, $50