by Dana Sleger//
Ladies, with Valentine’s Day around the corner, it’s time to start exploring creative ways to let that special guy know you care. Check out this list of unique ways to celebrate your beloved.
1. We all know the saying, “A way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.” Well, there’s a reason these words are so popular: it’s true! What’s his favorite meal? His favorite dessert? His favorite restaurant? Start making that grocery list or call in that reservation and plan a superb feast.
2. A coupon book full of redeemable IOU’s is sure to pique his interest, especially if your man can cash in on some flirtatious fun.
3. In the South, sports reign supreme, so there’s a good chance he has a favorite college and/or pro team. If a stadium or arena visit to see the action up close is out of your price range or not available, opt for some team memorabilia he can add to the man cave or office.
4. If he’s a music lover, check out local and regional concert listings and see what tickets you can snag for a surprise night of entertainment.
5. What’s his favorite hobby? Golf, fishing, hunting? Arrange a day where your man can hang out with the guys or savor some solo time, and then have a little “something, something” planned when he gets home to celebrate him.
6. Have the kids stay with a relative or friend and create a magical date night at home. Grab a bottle of wine and his favorite movie (yes, endure it even if you don’t like it), or put on some music and light some candles — either way, let romance take its course.
7. If stepping out of a place of familiarity would be better, perhaps a staycation in a nice local hotel or an out-of-town getaway may be just what the love doctor ordered.
8. Now, if you really want to catch your husband’s attention, consider presenting him with a boudoir photo album that spotlights your beautiful essence in a more risqué, yet elegant and tasteful manner. Find a good and reputable photographer on the Coast who specializes in these kinds of fun photo shoot sessions that lets your inner wild side shine for your man’s eyes only!
9. Create an “I appreciate you” book. Write your hubs, boyfriend or fiancée a letter that tells him why he means so much to you. If you share a family together, have the kids participate and write a letter as well. And don’t forget the family pet either! If his dog or cat is a treasured sidekick, lend your voice and write a letter or sign a card on behalf of his buddy.
10. Learn his love language. Whether it’s words of affirmation, quality time, gifts or something else, do some heart research and find out what actions speak volumes of “I love you” to your beloved. You already have a headstart with this list!