The new year is here. It’s hard to believe 2022 has come and gone. As you set your goals and intentions for the new year, here are some commitments to make to yourself to help you and your family be more content in 2023.
1. Give yourself grace. The quest for perfection can be exhausting, and it’s important to cut yourself some slack. What matters the most is that you’re doing your best, and that’s all.
2. Take time for yourself. One of the best things you can do for your own well-being and your family’s is to set aside some time for yourself. This allows you to relax and recharge. Take a walk, a solo trip to Target or a 15-minute nap — whatever works for you.
3. Ask for help if you need it, whether personally or professionally. You can save yourself from being overwhelmed.
4. Say “no.” As much as we want to attend every party, play date or event, we sometimes can’t. We can’t do it all, and that’s OK. It’s not worth sacrificing your well- being to try and do it all.
5. Be present. In today’s technology-obsessed society, we sometimes can be so focused on what’s happening on our phones that we miss what’s happening in the moment. Make a conscious effort to put your phone away and be present with your loved ones.
By making these parenting promises to yourself, you are taking the necessary steps to have a happier, healthier, and more peaceful home and family in the new year. Claim it now — 2023 is your year!