1) Soft colors — You can never go wrong with color. According to Paris Fashion Week 2021, yellow is the color of the moment, along with blue and, dare I say it, lavender.
I am not a fan of lavender, but I am a big fan of Versace, which showed pinks, blues and lime, along with companion prints. The lavender and mint colors together were not jarring.
2. Jackets — What you must have this spring is a jacket — but not just any jacket. Look for an oversized jacket with details, or add your own with pins, buttons and flowers.
3. Layered gold chains — Yes, dig out all your gold from the ‘80s because it’s back.
4. Mismatched earrings — I love that this trend is no longer just chic on rockers. It’s going mainstream.
5. Slides and mules — Please ditch the flip flops and pick up a pair of slides.
6. Mom jeans — No longer fodder for late-night comedians. mom jeans are hot. Skinny jeans are out! I, for one, am happy to bid adieu to skinny jeans.
Brenda Blount, director of development for the Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art, has a background that includes stints as a retail and fashion merchandising executive, image consultant, stylist, pageant coach and model. She helps others refine their personal and professional image through A Better You Image Transformation. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.