It’s October, which means it’s time to get festive! These double-chocolate Reese’s cookies are guaranteed to please kids and adults alike. They are the perfect treat to make for your kid’s classroom or to serve at a Halloween gathering. Don’t forget to share them with your neighbors, too!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 cup room-temperature unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup black cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup melting chocolate wafers (dark chocolate)
- 1 cup Reese’s pieces
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoas, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter with sugar until the mixture is nice and fluffy and pale in color.
- Add eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry mixture.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the melting chocolate.
- Scoop with desired-size scooper.
- Flatten down just a bit, and add Reese’s on top; press them in.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes; you want them crisp on the outside, but soft in the middle.