This year, we are bidding adieu to the minimalist style and saying hello to the “maximalist.” Everything from colors to patterns to textures, and even appliances, will make a dramatic statement.
How can you incorporate this concept into your home? Here are some pointers to get you started:
• Let’s start with the latest color trends. Benjamin Moore has announced that its color of the year for 2023 will be Raspberry Blush, a fiery red-orange that is widely considered to be the most beautiful hue of a good sunset. Andrea Magno, color marketing and development, director of Benjamin Moore says, “It’s a really charismatic color and doesn’t sit quietly on the wall. It’s about awakening our senses and getting people to engage with a vivacious color.”
You can provide a bold pop of color with an entire wall or a single piece of furniture, and it will bring a great deal of energy to any space. In the same way, a bold marble piece can make a statement and add a bit of drama to a kitchen.
• Amber represents energy, promotes positivity and inspires boldness, so expect it to be popular this year. It is also thought to symbolize vitality, confidence and safety. To create a cozy look, pair it with green linen bedding and a wooden bed frame — or you can paint a bedroom wall in the hue to emphasize wellness.
• Being bold also entails being authentic, so fill your living spaces with meaningful objects that represent your truest self.
• Mixing colors and patterns can complete and enhance a look. Create a layered space by combining bold wallpaper, a creative backsplash canvas and two-toned cabinets.
• Larger kitchen islands and cabinets made of dark-stained wood will also be popular. Designers anticipate the revival of the old style, with larger or even double kitchen islands. As a result, the area will be practical and suitable for large gatherings, meal preparation and work- from-home setup.
• In addition, we want our kitchen appliances to blend in with the rest of our décor; this is where stylish, modern kitchen appliances come in. They are also anticipated to be the next big thing for enhancing your kitchen’s functionality and safety.
This year, the refrigerator drawer, an additional beverage drawer that can free up room in your main refrigerator, is expected to be popular.
• 2023 is the year to create a sanctuary in your home. To encourage wellness and self-care, transform your bathroom into a tranquil home spa. According to designer Jeff Andrews, “Adding a pair of undercounter refrigerators to a home spa to store beauty products and chilled towels is something our clients are loving.”